THE AUSTRALIAN HAIKU SOCIETY
In December, 2000, Australian haiku enthusiasts banded together to form HaikuOz, The Australian Haiku Society.
- to promote enjoyment of haiku within Australia,
- to bring Australian writers to the world haiku community.
Any person may be a member; there are no membership fees.
Patron: Dr Jacqui Murray
President: Vanessa Proctor
Vice-President: Lyn Reeves
Secretary: Simon Hanson
Regional Representatives (Committee)
Qld: Matt Hetherington
Qld: Simon Hanson
WA: Maureen Sexton
Tasmania: Lyn Reeves
NSW: Vanessa Proctor
Victoria: Myron Lysenko
SA: Lynette Arden
Web Manager: Lynette Arden
BOARD OF MANAGEMENT
Comprises the President, Secretary and Committee. Its role is:
- to foster the writing and enjoyment of haiku in Australia.
- to promote haiku activities and the work of regional groups.
- to disseminate news about Australian haiku.
- to recognize the significance of writing haiku from an Australian
perspective and to foster the writing of haiku that reflects an Australian environment and experience.
- liaison with Australian cultural organisations, funding sources, etc.
- interacting with overseas national and international haiku bodies.
The Australian Haiku Society would not have come into being without the tireless and thorough efforts of its founder and first contact officer and inaugural web manager, John Bird. Haiku Oz gratefully acknowledges its debt to his vision, passion and expertise in drawing Australian haijin together to create the on-line haiku community that it is today.
For news of regional groups see: Regional News and Groups