Dear AHS members,
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join the AHS Committee in the role of Secretary. After many years of excellent service to the AHS, current secretary, Simon Hanson, has decided to step away to devote more time and energy to personal interests including writing. The committee is indebted to Simon for his dedication and wise counsel over a long period of time and wish him the very best for his future endeavours.
The role of Secretary is vital in supporting the Society to succeed in its primary mission: To promote enjoyment of haiku within Australia. Working closely with the Committee, particularly the Web Manager, the role is multifaceted and all previous secretaries have brought their own individual skills to the role.
- Answer people’s questions regarding membership and general enquiries
- Post news items and current events
- Coordinate Monthly Members News bulletin
- Co-manage website activities (kukais, strings) with the Web Manager
- Attend Committee meetings
- Assist the Committee with the broader responsibilities of the Society (promoting haiku and fostering connections with haiku poets and other haiku organizations)
The next couple of years promises to be an exciting time for the AHS and Australian Haiku. It is a great time to be a part of the AHS.
Depending on interest, the committee is open to the role being shared, as there may be some tasks that appeal to some people more than others.
For more information, please fill out this form. Please title your response ‘AHS Secretary’.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Rob Scott, President.